Help you, help us, develop your economy.
The Gitxsan Development Corporation melds the traditional governance of the Gitxsan with the contemporary needs of business, while remaining faithful to the principles of Gitxsan Ayookw (law). GDC guides and supports its subsidiaries in new ventures and business initiatives throughout the Gitxsan traditional territory and beyond in cooperation with all Gitxsan members.
It pursues the goal of stimulating the local economy, creating jobs and representing the Gitxsan Nation’s many diverse business interests in the region.
All Job Postings are available here!
Environmental Services Technician - (Temporary Position)
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Services, the Environmental Field Technician role is critical in establishing Gitxsan Environmental Services as a leader in resource protection, management, monitoring and assessment. The work is dynamic and diverse, and typical activities include site monitoring, using traditional knowledge, using measurement systems and tools and collecting data that contributes to successful completion of environmental management projects throughout and potentially outside of the Gitxsan region.
- Valid BC Drivers' License (Class 5)
- Completion of a recognized two year diploma course from an Institute of Technology with emphasis on chemistry and pollution control or a related discipline (environmental science, wastewater treatment and/or biology).
- Some experience in environmental and waste water sampling
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify, define and measure a variety of environmental components, to perform analyses and calculations, and to assist in interpreting results and significance of data.
- Ability to perform sampling of wastewater for the source control program and to participate in emergency response investigations of spills.
- Ability to use a computer terminal to input, manipulate and retrieve data and maintain records and documentation related to the work.
- Ability to monitor consultant environmental sampling projects.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work in all types of weather and to work effectively at heights.
- Skill in the care, maintenance, operation, calibration, and simple repair of equipment used in the work.
To view the full job description, additional responsibilities and to apply, please view here: Environmental Services Technician - Full Job Description
Junior Environmental Services Technician
Gitxsan Environmental Services is expanding!
We are looking for a Junior Environmental Field Technician to assist with various projects involving dynamic and diverse activity. Our ideal candidate has great communication and computer skills, a positive, team-player attitude, and some formal Environmental Monitoring training. 1-2 years experience in a related role preferred.
Must have a Class 5 Drivers License and reliable transportation.
Traffic Control Personnel
Traffic Control Persons play a highly valued role in ensuring the safety and well-being of motorists, pedestrians, fellow staff, contractors and visitors. TCPs regulate traffic in emergency situations and at job sites. Gitxsan Safety Services seeks applications for scheduled and un-scheduled contract workers for Hazelton, Smithers, Terrace, Kitimat, Houston, Burns Lake, Dease Lake, Atlin, and Prince George.
Pilot Vehicle Drivers
Contact Nicole Campbell for more information: email@example.com
If you have the abilities or expertise to provide services in these areas please contact us.